It is NOT necessary to fill all of the fields while adding a new model kit entry to the database. Only the fields marked with the red asterisk are required. Remaining fields may be filled later on. Finished model gallery, assembly instructions, description and recommended paints may be added later by any of the portal users.
1. Click the ADD MODEL button on the main page.
2. Title field should contain the name of the kit.
3. Here add the catalogue no. of the kit manufacturer.
4. Select your photo of the model kit
5. and upload it to the database.
6. Choose the kind of your entry: model kit or accessory.
7. Pick manufacturer from the list.
8. Choose the scale.
All above steps are necessary to add an entry to the database.
There are main groups of model kits displayed on the grey panel. These are multiple choice lists and you may use them to pick proper groups describing your model kit.
! Only if You entry a model kit (not addictional), then choose type of model.
9. To assign a group to your entry click on name of the group and then on the '+' sign.
10. If one model kit contains items from different groups you may assign a few groups to one entry.
11. 12. 13. 14. The choice(assignment?) should be made as described above.
15. Here add info about the model kit, e.g. history of the original vehicle or aiplane.
16. Here add info about camouflage and painting schemes available in the model kit
17. Choose the manufacturer of the paints which you can add to the model kit entry.
18. A full list of paints will be displayed after entering first few characters of its name or code.
19. You can also use the BROWSE option to search through paints already existing in the database.
You can use filters or type paint name or symbol in apropriate fields to find required paint quicker.
20. The paint is displayed after entering its symbol. You have to confirm the choice by clicking the name of the paint.
21. To add another paint use ADD ANOTHER ITEM button.
This is the way of adding many fields to one database entry.
If you want to add paints of different manufacturers, follow the steps described above. Each section should contain paints of only one manufacturer to prevent confusion.
22. If you have the pics of the box contents you can add them now (you can also add in-box later).
23. Assembly instructions pics should be treated as above.
24. If You added instruction, inbox or paints, then mark it in this section.
After filling all required and possibly the other fields use button SUBMIT to submit your entry. Your model kit entry will be added to database only if all fields marked with red asterisk are filled-in. Your entry will appear in the search results after a while. Please allow a certain amount of time before contacting the webmaster.